Romance Clinch Covers
Sweet Savage Flame loves the clinch! Clinch covers from the 1970s to the 1990s were works of art.
We have pages on ARTISTS, MODELS, and more. Read about their lives and careers and admire the beauty of romance illustration.
Plus, every Sunday, we showcase our picks of four beautiful covers.
We also have pages of LINKS to other sites that we consider essential references.
Covers of the Week
View our Covers of the Week pages. We release our picks of four romance novels based on a theme every Sunday.
You can search your favorite ARTISTS by name to read their biography, get links to their websites and galleries, and view more stunning clinch covers. Some artists’ pages to view:
Read our Link Page to see what other sites and academics say about cover art.
- ArtoftheClinch @ Twitter Daily clinches from the 1980s and 1990s
- BGSU The Frank Kalan Romance Collection
- CBC: The Look of Love Invented in Toronto
- Cosmopolitan does a hilarious send-up of covers of 10 Unretouched Romance Novels Reenacted by Real People
- Jezebel takes a look at The Steamy, Throbbing History of Romance Novel Covers
- Kirkus Reviews: The Making of a Harlequin Romance Cover
- Printmag: Romance Was His Metier on Frank Kalan Art
- The Swoon Society talks about Elaine Duillo
- The Toronto Star Talks About a Harlequin Art Exhibit