A Brief Yet Stellar Career
Natasha Peters Life
Natasha Peters is a pseudonym for Elizabeth Jordan.
Ms. Jordan’s ideas for her books have taken her to many foreign lands in the East and West, and through the volumes of history and biography. She was also an actress, an artist, a singer, and loved to grow roses.
She wrote only 10 books under the name Natasha Peters. However, she initially released Blues in the Night using her real name. In addition, two Gothics were published with the nom-de-plume of Anastasia Cleaver.
Although her later works were twentieth-century romantic fiction, her first three novels written as Natasha Peters can be classified as captivating bodice rippers. Savage Surrender and its sequel Dangerous Obsession are legendary in the genre. They are considered absolute must-reads for anyone who appreciates the “savage” kind of bodice ripper (i.e., multiple lovers, forced seduction).
- Winterscape (as Anastasia Cleaver), Ace, 1976
- Savage Surrender, Ace, 1977
- Dangerous Obsession, Ace, 1978
- The Masquers, Ace, 1978
- Summerstorm (as Anastasia Cleaver), Ace 1979
- Splendid Torment (reissue of The Masquers), Ace, 1981
- The Enticers, Fawcett, 1981
- The Immortals, Fawcett, 1984
- Darkness into Light, Fawcett, 1984
- Wild Nights, Fawcett, 1986
- Blues in the Night, Fawcett, 1987
- Star Dust, Fawcett, 1992