Romance Can Be Ridiculous
We all could use some good jokes to cheer us up when we’re down in the dumps. Sometimes we take life–and romance–too seriously. Ok, well, maybe here at Sweet Savage Flame, we always don’t. We know the romance genre can get a bit ridiculous at times.
So it’s perfect that today, August 16, is National Tell a Joke Day here in the United States. It’s a great opportunity to laugh about love and relationships and romance novels.
Some Jokes About Romance I Found on the Internet
Please note, that I did not create any of these jokes on my own. I might have tweaked one or two, but I found them on the internet so cannot claim them as my own.
While I credited the sites from where I obtained them, I doubt they are originals, as I’ve heard many of these before. Some can be attributed to comedians, such as Henny Youngman.
These jokes are being shared to spread laughter and joy, not for me to take someone else’s credit.
- What do you call an evil wizard who gives good hickeys?
- A neck romancer.
- Do you know how to romance a country girl?.
- You gotta do something sexy to a tractor.
- What do you get when you cross hard alcohol with a trashy romance novel?
- Fifty Shades of Grey Goose.
- Do you have a date for Valentine’s Day?
- Yes, it is February 14th.
- I got so aroused when I read the last chapter of that novel that I came to a satisfying conclusion.
- While watching a romantic movie, my wife leans over and whispers in my ear: “I want you to make me sweaty and wet.”
- So I shut off the air conditioner.
- I walked into a bookstore and asked if they have any books on gloryholes.
- The clerk said, “Yes, over there in the mystery romance section.”
- After 30 years of marriage, people always ask, “What’s the secret of keeping the romance alive?”
- I always tell them, “We go to the same romantic restaurant every week, twice a week. I go on Tuesday. She goes on Fridays.”
- For a woman, romance is roses on a piano.
- For a man, it’s tulips on an organ.
- Who says romance is dead?
- A necrophiliac!
- What do you call a dinosaur that writes romance novels?
- A Brontësaurus.
- What do Lady Gaga and Nicholas Sparks have in common?
- They both wrote bad romance.
- I wrote a romance novel set in an overcrowded cemetery.
- But it got rejected because there was no plot.
- Me: “I’m reading a romance in braille.”
- You: “Yeah, how is it?”
- Me: “It’s a real touching story.”
- Wife: “I shaved down there. You know what that means…”
- Husband: “Yeah, the drain is clogged again. I’ll get the Drain-O.”
Subscribe via e-mail to receive notifications from Sweet Savage Flame and be eligible to win 3 Harlequin Temptation category romances from the '90s.