Romance Cover Art
Sweet Savage Flame has got it covered when it comes to romance book covers! Clinch covers from the 1970s to 1990s were works of art.
We have pages on ARTISTS, MODELS, and more. Read about their lives, careers and admire the beauty of romance cover illustration.
Plus, every Sunday, we showcase our picks for COVERS OF THE WEEK.
We also have pages of LINKS to other sites that we consider essential references.
Covers of the Week
View our Covers of the Week pages. We release our picks of four images based on a theme every Sunday.
You can search your favorite ARTISTS by name to read their biography, get links to their webistes and galleries, and view more covers. Some artists’ pages to view:
Read LINKS to what other sites and academics are saying about cover art.
- ArtoftheClinch @ Twitter Daily clinch covers from the 1980s and 1990s
- BGSU The Frank Kalan Romance Collection
- CBC: The Look of Love Invented in Toronto
- Cosmopolitan.com does a hilarious send-up of covers of 10 Unretouched Romance Novels Reenacted by Real People
- Jezebel.com takes a look at The Steamy, Throbbing History of Romance Novel Covers
- Kirkus Reviews: The Making of a Harlequin Romance Cover
- Printmag: Romance Was His Metier on Frank Kalan Art
- The Swoon Society talks about Elaine Duillo
- The Toronto Star Talks About a Harlequin Art Exhibit